Treat yourself to peace of mind
The freedom to relax and drive with confidence, that's what an investment in a radar detector can give you. Today's models combine simple, ergonomic design with up-to-the-minute technology. They can offer you affordable, convenient protection, not only from speeding tickets but often from driving hazards as well.
Keep checking back as we update this page. Feel free to contact us to learn more about these products and services.
Speeding Ticket Facts
Interesting speeding ticket facts & statistics you don't see everyday.
- Over 100,000 people a day receive a speeding ticket in this country.
- That's over 41,000,0000 speeding tickets per year.
- One in every 6 drivers will get a speeding ticket this year.
- The average speeding ticket costs $150.00.
- 41,000,000 x 150.00 = $6,150,000,000 That's over 6 BILLION dollars per year in speeding ticket fines alone.
- The average raise in insurance costs for one speeding ticket over the course of 3 years is $900.00.
- Multiply 900 by 41,000,000 and you get $36,900,000,000 (36.9 BILLION dollars) in extra insurance money the insurance industry makes in a single year just from speeding tickets.
- Over 95% of people who receive a speeding ticket never contest it and just pay the fine.
- The age groups between 17 and 24 years of age receive the most speeding tickets.
- More men than women receive speeding tickets.
- Since 1999, Washington, D.C. cameras have issued 2,421,841 tickets worth $182 million.
- The average traffic cop will cost a city about $75,000 per year in salary, bonuses, and benefits. This same police officer will make the city an average of $200,000 per year in traffic ticket fines!